Notify
Tools

Amazing service @ www.opticswarehouse.co.uk
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted
Dear Friends,

Just over a year ago I got an itch for some high-dollar glass and ran across a great deal on the Zeiss 8x30 Safari model. Optics Warehouse in the UK had a "demo" or "display unit" for a VERY good price and I was assured they were "pristine". For the price, I probably would have been happy with anything CLOSE to unused but indeed both optically and cosmetically they were actually indistinguishable from BRAND NEW when they arrived in the US. I had saved about 40% off regular retail because they didn't come with the box or factory Zeiss strap (they threw in a functional replacement though!). That alone is great service as the item was as described and shipped fed-ex the very day I paid for them.

A couple of days ago however (and after a year of use) I noticed the external ocular focus ring was spinning freely. UH OH! This was a real problem as I leave for Namibia in three weeks! I promptly emailed Zeiss AND Optics Warehouse about warranty options. Before Zeiss even replied, Lisa from Optics Warehouse had sent me an email not only with instructions regarding how to send them in so THEY could forward them to Zeiss for me but ALSO with basic instructions describing how I could repair them myself with very simple tools available at any watch shop. Usually reluctant to do that sort of thing, I proceeded cautiously and followed Lisa's instructions to the letter. It worked perfectly and I now have my perfect binoculars available for Namibia.

Frankly, I don't think many retailers would go to that much trouble to help a past customer on a different continent. I feel that they really went the extra mile and I think they deserve some recognition as well as business from the AR community.

sales@opticswarehouse.co.uk

www.opticswarehouse.co.uk

Best,

tendrams