New
Find
Notify
Tools

burris 1.25-8 6500
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone seen one of these yet? With the claimed eye relief, it might be just the ticket for a big bore DGR.

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GrosVentreGeorge
posted Hide Post
Do you mean Bushnell?

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton

Posts: 427 | Location: The Big Sky aka Dodson, MT | Registered: 22 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do believe he does.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did. Senior moment.

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't have this particle scope. But I like the bushnell scopes a lot. I own many of the 3200s and 4200s. Only problem with them I have found is eye relief is a bit lacking. As long as the eye relief is better on the 6500 as they claim I would say go for it. I have never had an problems with the 3200s or 4200s and have subjected them to lots of recoil.

Posts: 448 | Registered: 27 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I talked to a rep from Bushnell, he says the claimed 6" eye relief is for real.. Only a duplex reticle for now, but likely other choices after the first of the year. I am thinking one of these with a German #4 could be sweet. I still haven't seen the scope yet.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have three of the 2.5-16x42 Bushnell 6500's, and so far they have been great. From prairie dogs to deer hunting, I have enjoyed the optical quality, smoothness of operation, and reliability.
The 1.25-8 is very interesting...

Greg

Posts: 639 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 28 March 2002Reply With Quote