New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trijicon 1.25 x4 scope with triangle reticle
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anybody use one of these on their dangerous game rifle. I don't like the triangle for precise shots on deer size game, covers too much of animal at 100yds or more. Seems as if it would give quick target acquisition on a large animal. If so what color did you get?

Posts: 718 | Location: va | Registered: 30 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I put one on my 416 Ruger this winter and plan to use it for bears this spring. It has the red triangle. I have had one of their 3x9 scopes for years on a 30-06 and it has worked well for me.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 51 | Location: Unalakleet, Alaska | Registered: 05 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brent ebeling:
I don't like the triangle for precise shots on deer size game, covers too much of animal at 100yds or more.

Isn't the theory that you use the TIP of the triangle for precision shooting at distance and the whole thing when they are coming at you from 10yds away? I am thinking of buying one for my buffalo rig (.416 Ruger) and replacing the 2X Leupold that is currently on it. (leaning towards Red)

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
I have used the Trijicon Tripower with the red triangle on two buff and one tuskless. I think the red works very well against the gray or black animal. I'll be using a 1.25-4 with red triangle this spring on a bear.

And yep, that's my understanding that you use the point for distant targets.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What is the approximate online price for these scopes?

Posts: 73 | Location: SW Pa | Registered: 14 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one with a green triangle on my .458 Lott. It works extremely well.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
I think the latest 1-4x24 is well over $800 at SWFA for example. I think the 1.25-4 is discontinued.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Brent, see the post on Triangle Reticle.

Once you use one for a while you might like it.
I have found that they are very precise even at long range.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
I saw your post 450 and commented on it. I just bought one on closeout for a good price to install in my 375 H&H for leopard/PG. The only color available was the amber, and I have no doubt it is a decent low light scope but my concerns were (and you answered those) at longer ranges, say 250 yds at impala sized game. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jorge, for more difficult long-range shots, you can always break out your Sharps ! :-)

Posts: 20140 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Paul,
My supplier still lists them in his catalog. I haven't tried to order one but with freight they run about$640. cost to the dealers

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote