Find
Notify
Tools

Swarovski CL Binoculars
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of hunt99
posted
Has anyone checked out the new Swarovski CL series binoculars. They look like a good compromise between full-size and compact and are priced below $1000. I haven't been able to find any yet as they were just announced this month.

I hunt to live and live to hunt!

Posts: 299 | Location: Big Sky Country! | Registered: 19 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scubapro
posted Hide Post
I have seen them yet a couple of weeks ago. They are amazing light and compact and the optic is brilliant. It could not replace my EL Swarovision binoculars, but as a small travel bino or as a compcat second bino they are superb!
http://titanium-gunworks.de/sw...-8x30-companion.html

life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
www.titanium-gunworks.de

Posts: 759 | Location: Germany | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of hunt99
posted Hide Post
Scubapro, thanks for the quick review. How would you rate them as compared to EL 8X32s. I am seeing some good deals 8x32 EL but they will still be $400-$600 more than the 8x30 CLs.

Posts: 299 | Location: Big Sky Country! | Registered: 19 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scubapro
posted Hide Post
The EL 8x32 are a bit sharper from the image, made more durable tus they are made from metal and the CL is made from fibre reinforced plastic but they are heavier as well!

IF - I would choose a Swaro EL 8,5x42 Swarovision, becuse that´s image is breathtaking and one big step ahead of the EL 8x32 either... OR that small CL as it is more lightweight and costs less as well...!

As the most versatile for hunting: take the EL 8,5x42 Swarovision - I did myself and it is strong enough to see during nighttimes (I hunt wild boars here with it, where a 8x56 is the normnal way, but this 8,5x42 beat´s them to ground!

www.titanium-gunworks.de

One of Us
Picture of hunt99
posted Hide Post
I already have 10x42 ELs and was looking at a lightweight pair which is what made me look into the CLs. I have been afraid to check out the Swarovision as I just had my old ELs rebuilt and they are like new. I know I would want to trade up!!

One of Us
Picture of scubapro
posted Hide Post
Oh yes, the old ones have been fantastic as well, but catch a look through the new Swarovisions and 99% of all people who did in my shop left the mouth wide open... Funny thing, everybody was like stoned "can´t be", "whow..." and so on... :-)

Well in that case I woul definetly go with the CL and if You want to risk a view through the Swarovisions, make sure You have one buying your "old" EL´s first... You won´t regret it!

www.titanium-gunworks.de

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just got my pair of 8x30's this week. Very light and compact, the focus wheel is now in it's proper place and with of course fantastic optics on par with my 2 year old 10x42 SLC's. I got them from Doug at cameraland.

Posts: 549 | Location: n.e.Mn | Registered: 14 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just got a pair of EL 8x32's too, along with a pair of EL 10x42's (swarovision). Both have great glass, but the 8x32's will be handier during bow season in a treestand.

Posts: 56 | Location: New Jersey/Wyoming | Registered: 24 March 2010Reply With Quote