New
Find
Notify
Tools

S & Bender
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Are they everything they say they are? I was in a shop and talking long range with some guys and they said that it was only way to go. They have custom reticles in them that are rifle/load specific. They sure are alot of $$$. All comments wecome. They are using 4 X 16 X 50's

Windage and elevation, Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation...

Posts: 944 | Location: michigan | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted Hide Post
IMO, yes, they are the finest scopes on the market. I have looked through all the high end scopes and am still, to this day, amazed when I look through one of thiers. They are the brightest, clearest scopes I've ever seen. Pricey, but worth every penny.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
S&B makes great stuff, just that i can't justify in my head to spend that much on a scope. binos or spotter yes, but not an aiming device, to many others out there that do the same job for a fraction of the price.

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I've looked at most scopes out there and I'am saving up for one.There the best I've seen.

Posts: 3 | Location: upper midwest | Registered: 30 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Chain,
If you want the highest quality and capable of going to war with, check out U.S.Optics and believe you will be quite impressed (as much as the terrorists when they are the target of the rifle the U.S.Optics are mtd. on!)

Posts: 1165 | Location: Banks of Kanawha, forks of Beaver Dam and Spring Creek | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Yes they are and more. They are heavy. I've owned 4 fixed power S&B scopes and one 3-12X50. On the variable it seemed like I had a rifle attached to the scope and not the other way around.

I do like the 1" fixed power ones though. Maybe oneday they'll come up with a 1" variable for us whimps Big Grin

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Love them and have number five on the way.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote