New
Find
Notify
Tools

simmons master series
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
anyone here try one of the new master series?
i just ordered a 6-18x40 target grey prohunter master series for a steyr prohunter 7 x 64.
the target grey should look great with the grey steyr stock.
i have never been one to color match scopes. i put gloss on matte and matte on blued, it never really mattered to the deer much. but buying this one i fuigure it was the scope i wanted to try so i might as well try out the grey as well.
i have read nothing but positive things from the new line of simmons scopes and i am getting 9 boxs of S&B ammo with the rifle so i can test the glass while im making up brass.

Posts: 3986 | Location: in the tall grass "milling" around. | Registered: 09 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
forgot my crowd here.
of course YOU guys wouldnt defile your rifle with such a scope.
"Muffy, decent people simply DONT purchase such inferior scopes"

Posts: 3986 | Location: in the tall grass "milling" around. | Registered: 09 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
6x18X40 Simmons = SMALL target, like a 'chuck.

Leupold's Custom shop makes pretty colors.

Posts: 82 | Location: SW FL | Registered: 19 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've got the pro sport master series in 3x9. I'm happy with it. I don't hear much good about Simmons in general, but that's about all I have on my guns. Mainly because of price. I'm going to keep using Simmons until I have a reason not to.

Posts: 30 | Location: E.TN | Registered: 21 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
forgot my crowd here.
of course YOU guys wouldn't defile your rifle with such a scope.
"Muffy, decent people simply DONT purchase such inferior scopes"

LOL

I've got a good supply of Marshall volume knobs, that go to 11, that's one louder than ten.
If anyone wants one let me know.

Nothing wrong with Simmonds. How many deer have been taken with the good old WTC?

"When doing battle, seek a quick victory."

Posts: 4739 | Location: London England | Registered: 11 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bowhuntrrl
posted Hide Post
If you can live with there horrible customer service, good for you, because you WILL be needing it !!!!

Elite Archery and High Country dealer.

Posts: 931 | Location: Somewhere....... | Registered: 07 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bowhuntrrl:
If you can live with there horrible customer service, good for you, because you WILL be needing it !!!!

He's not buying a Leupold that has a 40% out of box failure rate, with missing internal scope components!

Posts: 257 | Location: The Greatest Country on Earth! | Registered: 04 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the new simmons have a 48 hour replacment promise.