New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weaver Scopes
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a US made Weaver scope it has the steel tube. It is the K-3 model and is in excellent condition.
Do any one have a idea of the value of this scope? I was going to put it on e-bay.
Thank You in advance.

one of us
posted Hide Post
It depends on condition and type of reticule. A straight CH in average condition, maybe $25-40. A post and cross hair in excellent condition, $100 and up. Duplex CH, somewhere between the two.

Mark Pursell

Posts: 545 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: 21 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree with Pursell, who has pegged the price range just about right. The K3 is a popular scope and will sell well, provided its condition is merchantable.

However, it is redundant to "pre price" a popular seller like the K3 on ebay. Simply list it starting at a penny, or a dollar, or ten dollars if you like. If your photographs are good and your description complete, it will bring whatever the fair market value is.

The worst thing you can do is put a "reserve" on it. Buyers want to know that if they have the high bid that they WILL get the merchandise. They are not interested wasting their time on an item that may or may not sell. As a result, you get fewer and weaker bids when you use the reserve feature. If you don't want to sell below a certain price, then simply list that as the starting price. If you don't get a bid, then you've listed it above the market.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote