New
Find
Notify
Tools

Millett Scopes
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone ever use this brand? I recently saw them for sale from MidwayUSA and the price was not much. I hear the voices in my head saying if it seems to cheap to be good it is probably junk. I was looking at a 1-4x24 tactical. The price is $214.99. How good can this scope really be? Will it hold up on anything bigger than a .308Win?

Andy B

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
IIRC, they are assembled in China. Not sure where the glass comes from.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was looking at a 1-4x24 tactical.

I bought one last year but sent it back before mounting it. At 4x it was a great scope. At 1x the fishbowl effect was so extreme as to render it virtually unuseable. I suppose you could mount a red dot on top for close range use and use it only as a magnified optic. I did like the reticle and scope at 4x though.

LWD

Posts: 2104 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i've got a couple and find they are just fine. they do have 30mm tubes, so watch your ring size, the teubes are steel which makes them a bit on the heavy side, but i've yet to find a problem with them. the 1-4 tact. that you are looking at has a good following from the 3 gun match shooters here. i've never tried one so can't comment directly, but those guys really like them

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
butchloc, any recommendations on 30 mm rings for the millett? (I assume that the scope does not come with rings). I was thinking of getting the 1-4 for my Sig 5.56, so they needs to fit the accessory rail.
Thanks, Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
try the high millet rings, they worked out really great on a dpms 260 i built

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We picked up a few of the Millett 1-4x24 DMS scopes with our TPE equipment in theater and put them on some M14s. I liked the reticle and 1 to 4 zoom on that rifle, but had some issues keeping them zeroed. Maybe we just beat and banged them around too much.

sputster

Posts: 760 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote