Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone tried the Trijicon?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Uplandhunter
posted
I looked at these variable scopes at the SCI in Reno. I like the theory behind them, but I have a couple of questions.

Are the a durable scope. I am thinking of putting one on a .375 H&H.

What does the quality of the glass compare to in another brand?

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair

http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 203 | Location: Northeast, Nebraska | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
in my opinion, these are great scopes for the money! there was actually an article in the NRA rifle magazine last year saying they are the best kept secret in scopes and Trijicon should do a better job of marketing to hunters. i talked to one of their reps at the SHOT show about that and he said they are doing just that.

anyway, they are extremely durable and that fact is proven by the number of trijicons used in the armed forces. they are extremely popular in tactical applications. my buddy has one on his .375 H&H and has not had any problems. i just bought an accupoint 3-9x40 for an AR i am building.

im sure the glass is not quite as high as a zeiss, swarovski, S&B, etc but the ones ive looked through before looked great. ive got a zeiss in the mail so ill be able to compare the 2 side by side pretty soon.

i really dont think you would be disappointed. they are great for close range or large game. my only wish is that they would offer more reticle options aimed towards hunting since the triangle would cover up too much on smaller animals at long range.

--------------------------------
It's more than a passion, it's an obsession.

Posts: 32 | Location: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: 26 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sdeshazo
posted Hide Post
I have a Trijicon on my 375 & love it, great scope for the money.

Posts: 224 | Location: St Augustine, Florida | Registered: 07 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thing I have noticed with the Trijicon AccuPoints are that people either love them or hate them. I personally like them. It think that reticle is a very nice and neat. I would highly recommend them. Our Europeans customers love them!!

Posts: 750 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 15 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Never looked though one of their variables but the ACOG I own is top notch all the way. I had an outrageously expensive Elcan SperctorDR scope on the AR, but after spending a little time with the ACOG it was a no brainer to sell the Elcan and keep the ACOG.

The glass is top notch all the way.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote