New
Find
Notify
Tools

Burris Fullfield II or Bushnell Elite 3200
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Which has better glass and better light gathering?

Looking for 3-9x40. Both models are available at almost same price on ebay and within my budget ($160-180).

Burris is made in Philipines and Bushnell is made in Japan.

To be installed on a 30-06.

Posts: 271 | Location: Pakistan | Registered: 28 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's my take. I own the Fulfield II in 4.5-14x42 and the Elite 3200 in 4-12x40. I like them both. I believe Burris is redoing the Fulfield scope, but not 100% on that one.

The Elite seems to be a bit clearer. It also has Rainguard (suppose to be better image in wet weather). The Elite has a resettable turret that allows you to set back to Zero after sighting in. Helpful if you adjust your scope for elevation compensation.

Both are priced in or close to your range. I think I'd get the Bushnell Elite 3-9

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit"--Aristotle (384BC-322BC)

Posts: 749 | Location: Central Montana | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
Like MThuntr, I own both and like them. But for the reasons he described, I like the 3200 a bit better. I would buy a 3200 over the fullfield II.

Posts: 2155 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you're looking for the Burris FFII in a 3-9x40 may i suggest the Pentax Pioneer 3-9x40 which is the identical scope (Burris made it for Pentax) and we're closing them out (Burris and pentax's deal is no longer in effect) for only $89.99

Have a great day,
Doug
gr8fuldoug@aol.com
Camera Land
516-217-1000
www.cameralandny.com

Posts: 3664 | Location: Old Bethpage NY | Registered: 08 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have both and I find it hard to tell the difference between the two. One plus on the Elite is the rain guard...I hunt in the rain and snow and it does work.

Posts: 103 | Location: southern wisconsin | Registered: 12 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for valuable input. May I add that I am more concerned about out of box quality of the scope, as I may not be able to claim warranty in case of any malfunctions.

@gr8fuldoug,
Is the glass and quality of this Pentax same as Fullfiled II?

Posts: 271 | Location: Pakistan | Registered: 28 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is the identical scope as an FFII

Have a great day,
Doug
gr8fuldoug@aol.com
Camera Land
516-217-1000
www.cameralandny.com

Posts: 3664 | Location: Old Bethpage NY | Registered: 08 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
I have purchased 4 of those Pentax pioneers from Doug. They are exactly a Burris FFII. The only thing different about them is the sticker on the side that says "Pentax Pioneer". That's it.

Smoking deal for $89 in my opinion. I need to order a couple more of them for "spares" for some of my other rifles before Doug runs out of them...

Si tantum EGO eram dimidium ut bonus ut EGO memor

Posts: 1146 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: 31 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Then you'd better hurry, we're down to 4 left

Have a great day,
Doug
gr8fuldoug@aol.com
Camera Land
516-217-1000
www.cameralandny.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hopefully you have one for me I just submitted my order with a Vortex Anti-fog kit to see how well it works.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit"--Aristotle (384BC-322BC)

Posts: 749 | Location: Central Montana | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, you're order is in...And then there were three

Have a great day,
Doug
gr8fuldoug@aol.com
Camera Land
516-217-1000
www.cameralandny.com

One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
Doug,

Crap.

I'll take 2 more. I'll call you in a couple minutes.

Posts: 1146 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: 31 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
I got em, thanks to Neil on the phone.

Now there is 1 left!

Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We have 1 left, and one opened box never mounted one left and then they are all gone

Have a great day,
Doug
gr8fuldoug@aol.com
Camera Land
516-217-1000
www.cameralandny.com

posted Hide Post
What type of reticle do the Pentax pioneers have?

Posts: 18 | Location: Tx. | Registered: 22 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Plex. We're down to the one opened box one

Have a great day,
Doug
gr8fuldoug@aol.com
Camera Land
516-217-1000
www.cameralandny.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saad,

Back to your original question...I would say that both are great scopes and it would be rare that either one would need any warranty work. The quality of both is very good. I think everyone that has been buying the Pentax closeouts would agree to the quality of the Burris.

Posts: 103 | Location: southern wisconsin | Registered: 12 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I own two of the Burris and they're great.
HOWEVER,
I live and hunt in wet conditions and the rainguard feature of the 3200 is appealing.
Also, I have grown tired of the entire eyepiece rotation on the FFII.