New
Find
Notify
Tools

Old redfield widefield scope value
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I need to know the value of a old 1970,s nib usa Redfield widefield rifle scope in 2 1/2 x power duplex reticle,any ideas whats a fair price.Its 100% new ,never used, never mounted condition...Also would they hold up to 375H&H recoil?Thanks for any help patriot

Posts: 3608 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Blackbear,

http://riflescopesreview.net/Store/Vintage-Scopes

Watch some of the auctions posted on the above site, they are ebay

The bids are crazy sometimes

I just got a weaver nice '40s or '50s k2.5 el paso texas for $36.50, I got lucky. Seen em go for $130 plus. Just depends on the bidding frenzy

Id like to get a Redfield or Kollmorgan 2 3/4X non wideview

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bbhunter......The Redfields were great scopes. In their day, fully equal to, or surpassing any of their contemporaries.......The low power-straight tube models are particularly desireable for use on big bore, heavy recoiling rifles. A new-in-the-box 2 1/2 power is a prize find! I would gladly pay $250 for one. Grant.

Posts: 336 | Location: SE Minnesota | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks abunch,The owner only wants 100.00 so i thought it should be worth that,its stone mint condition,i just wondered if they were tough enough for a hard recoiler,i have a real old 2 1/2 xpower weaver thats allways been dead on the money and real easy to get and keep zero,its one of the old ones with outside adjustments,no caps!Fine crosshairs and all,i love it!
Thanks for the help patriot

Posts: 3608 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 September 2004Reply With Quote