New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weaver scope rebuilding
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have an old Weaver 6X mounted on a 513S Remington (1940's vintage)that was my Dad's. Would like to send it and have the scope cleaned and gone through. Any companies that the group could recommend??
Thanks,
BJB

Posts: 514 | Location: now in Lower Slower Delaware | Registered: 21 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would start with Weaver and then move on to Parsons or any of the others that advertise in Shotgun News and Gun List.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Send it to:

Weaver Scope Repair Service
1121 Larry Mahan Dr. Suite B
El Paso, Tx. 79925

Phone: 915-593-1005

I have a K6 there now for repair.
59.00 for complete rebuild, change reticle to duplex, and return shipping. You can't beat that with a stick.

Good luck, Rojelio

PS Reticle change = 5.00 if it is a model that he can do it to.

Posts: 495 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 13 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
Sent one back last year to the Larry Mahan address, a K10 60C from an old varmint gun. $65.00 (6 or 7 was for return shipping) got me a completely rebuilt scope from the early 60's that looks and functions like new.

It only took about 2 weeks. I now look for old "broken" ones to send in. Nothing looks right on an old gun like a vintage Weaver scope.

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flippy:
Sent one back last year to the Larry Mahan address, a K10 60C from an old varmint gun. $65.00 (6 or 7 was for return shipping) got me a completely rebuilt scope from the early 60's that looks and functions like new.

It only took about 2 weeks. I now look for old "broken" ones to send in. Nothing looks right on an old gun like a vintage Weaver scope.

Couldn’t agree more!

One of the things that jumped out at me when I attended the ACGG show in Reno was all the “old†rifles with brand new Leupold scopes sitting on top of them.

I would have liked to have seen some vintage Weavers, Lymans and Unertl‘s on these fine old rifles.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick 0311:
I would have liked to have seen some vintage Weavers, Lymans and Unertl‘s on these fine old rifles.
You are so right. Thank you for mentioning the others I neglected.
There are also some fine old Leupolds, Bausch & Lomb Balvars, Redfields, etc. that can be sent in for repair and most are fixed very economically.

I just sent an older Redfield "Varminter" scope back today that I traded a Simmons 3X9 for. It will cost $38.00 to fix it (plus parts if needed). Where can you buy a decent quality 6X24X50 AO scope for less than $100 bucks that looks this cool?

They may not have "high tech" coatings, adjustments, etc. BUT THEY HAVE SOUL.

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Flippy,

Where did you send that Redfield scope off to for repairs?

Rojelio

Posts: 495 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 13 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rojelio:
Flippy,

Rojelio

ADO USA, Inc.
2653 NW 20th
Miami, FL 33142

1-305-859-2010

The lady I talked to on the phone said it would take from 2 to 15 weeks. She had no idea where I would fall, depending on what was wrong with it and if they had to order parts.

Hope this helps.

---Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mike,

I'll save that address for future reference.

I have a 3-9 Widefield at Iron Sight, Inc. in Tulsa Ok. getting rebuilt now.

If I'm not pleased with their work, I'll use your source next time.

Rojelio

One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
You never know.

In a few weeks, I might be asking you for Iron Sight's address...

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flippy:
quote:
Originally posted by Rojelio:
Flippy,

Rojelio

ADO USA, Inc.
2653 NW 20th
Miami, FL 33142

1-305-859-2010

The lady I talked to on the phone said it would take from 2 to 15 weeks. She had no idea where I would fall, depending on what was wrong with it and if they had to order parts.

Hope this helps.

---Mike

That's ABO... Big Grin

http://www.abousainc.com/sub1.htm

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
She told me ADO. Sorry. HER mistake.

Thanks for the link.

They (ABO) called me this morning and told me they had received it. So far so good on the service end.

---Mike