Find
Notify
Tools

Meopta scopes
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted
Sportsman's Guide is selling Meopta Meostar and Artemis 2000 scopes now. Can anyone familiar with them look at this and say if the pricing is right? Thanks in advance:

Sportsman's Guide

page 2

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11142 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have 2 Meopta scopes....looking for more.

Yes...that's a very decent price at Sportsman's.

Also, you find them for sale (mew) from time to time on GunBroker.com.

Good luck,
Garrett

Posts: 987 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 23 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
I have two. They are great scopes for much less money than other European counterparts. A little known fact is that Meopta makes the lenses for most of the well known high-end European lines.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have two identical Meopta"s in 7x50.
Last week I took a Meopta 7x50 off my .243, and replaced it with a 4.5-14x50mm Leupold varmint hunter.
The leupy cost almost twice what the Meopta did and it certainly is"nt twice the scope.
The Meopta is far better in low light, has a longer body allowing more adjustment when positioning in the rings, and has a rear focus ring.
Now that I"ve shot the rifle with the Leupy on it, I like the extra magnification and the very precise fine reticle, but I was very close to sending it back when I first saw it. I bought a 1" tube version so I could swop it onto my .308 for my trip to Canada next year, but I"ll stick with the Meopta on the .308 as it"s as good as anything else.
They"re a fantastic scope at a very reasonable price.
good shooting

Posts: 669 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a brand new, never mounted, fully warranted Meopta Meostar R1 3 - 10 x 50 that is for sale if any of you are interested. It has the Z plex reticle and 30mm tube. I posted it in the classifieds a while back for $425.

Posts: 75 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: 19 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cheaptrick
posted Hide Post
"Rumor Control" has it that Meopta makes the glass for the Zeiss Conquest.

cheaptrick.....out!!

Posts: 238 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CSH:
I have a brand new, never mounted, fully warranted Meopta Meostar R1 3 - 10 x 50 that is for sale if any of you are interested. It has the Z plex reticle and 30mm tube. I posted it in the classifieds a while back for $425.

I'll think about that, CSH. I was really looking at the 1-4 for a big bore, however. I have to look at my projects in process and see if a 3-10 would work on one. Does the objective lense adjust for paralax on 3-10 Meoptas? I hate that feature on American scopes; one more control to fiddle with or break.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11142 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Meopta® Meostar 4-16x44 mm Riflescope.
$799.97

80 mm eye relief- 80mm = 3.1"

No thanks Sportsmans guide.

Join the NRA

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cabela's sells the Meopta scopes.

Somebody please explain parallax adjustment? I know what parallax is. So there's a knob to adjust compensation for different distances?

One of Us
Picture of cheaptrick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45/70 Govt.:
Cabela's sells the Meopta scopes.

Somebody please explain parallax adjustment? I know what parallax is. So there's a knob to adjust compensation for different distances?

http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=287&PN=1&TPN=1

cheaptrick.....out!!

Posts: 238 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote