New
Find
Notify
Tools

what type of bases/rings?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a Pre 64 M 70 chambered in .375 H & H Magnum on which I am planning to mount a Leupold VX 111 1.75-6X variable scope. This rifle has the original Winchester African express sights. What type of bases and rings are recommended?

Posts: 116 | Location: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a similar gun in 300H/H and use a Redfield one piece base with Redfield rings.....lapped and aligned.....If your gun is below 66,000 serial number it takes a different base than above and 375/300 use different base than std chambering.....with that scope you should not get interference with the sights.....and that scope has good eye relief for mounting for safe clearance for recoil....hth..good luck and good shooting!!

bigdaddytacp

Posts: 687 | Location: Jackson/Tenn/Madison | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would strongly recommend Talley QR style rings with levers. They are very well made, will remove with the turning of 2 levers, and return to zero. They are very strong rings and bases. I've used them on 375's, 416's and 458's with zero problems. Good people too.........................DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Talley

It's always so quiet when the goldfish die.(Bror Blixen)

DRSS
Merkel 470 NE

One of Us
Picture of sdeshazo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Talley

Same as the above.

Posts: 224 | Location: St Augustine, Florida | Registered: 07 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Talley QD

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Talley is what I got on my rifle over here and at home. Well worth the extra $$$ for the quality/durability.

Posts: 101 | Location: Montana | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
I really don't like take off mounts, but I would still use Talley, but without the QD ring set.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote