New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leupold VXIII 1.75-6 E
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Can anyone tell me the inches of eye relief on this 'E' scope?

Also, is this a handgun scope or a rifle scout scope, or just a regular rifle scope with a little more than normal eye relief?

Thanks!

Posts: 2600 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is a regular scope. A view years back the overall length of the center section was lengthened to accommodate standard length actions hence the "E" designation. Eye relief is 3.3" at maximum magnification and 4.4" at the lowest.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
LJS,

Hey, thanks for the reply!

I was just looking around today again trying to find info on this scope on the net.

Then I remembered that I had asked about it right here, so I checked today, and there was your reply.

I STILL could not find any help on eye relief, and then I read your reply...finally.

Thanks again LJS!! beer

Posts: 2600 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just a note, I have one of those 1.75-6x E version Leupolds. If you are going to put it on a heavy recoiling rifle, think twice. The 2.5-8x and 1.5-5x have noticeably better eye relief.

I had a VX III 1.75-6 E on a 416 Rem and when dialed up to 6 it would sometimes catch my glasses. I have not had that problem with either the 1.5-5 or 2.5-8 on the same rifle.

I don't know what the eye relief on original non E Vari-X III 1.75-6x was like. Perhaps they had it longer on that version and extending the tube changed the focal length ratios?

Posts: 319 | Location: SW Idaho, USA | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote