New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leopold VXI 4-12 Duplex
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have mounted the above scope on my .270Win today after a long battle to try and fit it to my .222Rem. The eye relief is too long for the short rifle. Had added a rubber pad and extended rings and it was still to long. I have then decided to put the Lynx on the .222Rem and the Leopold on the .270Win. No problems and the eye relief was perfect, but when I wanted to adjust the focus, the cross-hair was jumping up and down. Is this scope faulty or is this how Leopold works? Your help is appreciated!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You need to adjust it for its intended parallax range: 100 yds + it will jump all over the place at 25...

Posts: 260 | Location: Albuquerque | Registered: 25 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I have two of these and one 3-9 and two 1-4s, all VX1s or Rifleman; there won't be any problems with Leupolds regardless of the price level.

Posts: 17180 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have several of the exact same scope and think they are excellent optics.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2640 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your replies! Had a similar answer from Leopold Company. Since the cross hair is in the middle of the scope and the focus in the back of the scope, it would not affect the point of impact.