Find
Notify
Tools

Kaps rifle scopes
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Ingvar J. Kristjansson
posted
What's your opinion on Kaps rifle scopes from Wetzlar Germany ? I looked at one 8x56 with illuminated reticle and I was very impressed. How does it compete with brands such as Meopta and the top 4 German/Austrian Brands?

Posts: 510 | Location: Iceland | Registered: 15 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Ingvar,

I know the Kaps scopes very well. For me they are clearly above Meopta and at the same level as the top 4!!!
The variables are of the same design as the S&B. And the optics are, at least, as good!!!

PH

One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1 for Karl Kaps. They play in the top four league. After them comes Docter and Meopta. Good scopes all but the first five are, you know, I know you know the best.

One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
Top 4?

Kahles, S&B, Swarovski, Zeiss?

Posts: 2767 | Location: The Peach State | Registered: 03 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ingvar J. Kristjansson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cane Rat:
Top 4?

Kahles, S&B, Swarovski, Zeiss?

Exactly !

Posts: 510 | Location: Iceland | Registered: 15 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Kaps scope is very much under rated and is much cheaper than S&B for almost the same quality. The Kaps factory is just opposite the S&B factory. I have one on order now - the 2-8x42 model.

It seems Kaps scopes are not widely known outside Europe, but they have been around for some 50 odd years and did work for the military as well. They produce only around 4,000 scopes per year or 333 scopes per month according to reports.

http://www.kaps-optik.de/engli...ohre/allgemeines.htm

Warrior

Posts: 2273 | Location: South of the Zambezi | Registered: 31 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dogcatcher223
posted Hide Post
I would like to try one. I own Kahles, Docter and Meopta, and rate them all about equal...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can anyone comment on the after sales service of Kaps and their durability from experience over a reasonably long period of time?

Warrior

Posts: 2273 | Location: South of the Zambezi | Registered: 31 January 2007Reply With Quote