New
Find
Notify
Tools

Millet Scopes?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm considering a Millet Gold 30mm Target/Varmint Special 6-25 X 56 Side Focus w/mil dot for my Savage 12 .223. Never seen one. Don't know anything about them.

For the record, I have several
Weaver Grand Slams, a bunch of Leupolds, a couple older Redfields and two Weaver Targets. I've been switching between a Leupold VXII 6 -18 X 40 w/duplex and an Eagle Eye 6-24 X 50 w/mil dot for shooting from a bench on prairie dogs and actually prefer the Eagle Eye. The mil dot allows for easier hold off estimation and the optics are clearer if focused properly. However, getting it focused properly is a pain. I have to change the focus with only small distance changes where the Leupold only has to be readjusted with large distance changes.

I don't think I need a high dollar scope for dogs off a bench and the Millet appears to have the features I'm looking for at the best price.

What do you think.

My dad told me once that if you're gonna kill a rattler with a chainsaw, use the top of the bar.

Posts: 165 | Location: Seymour, Mo | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My--target rifle shop--boss returned from the Shot Show with the new Millet brochure and a lot of enthusiasm.

flaco