New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scope for a 22?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just picked up a Ruger 77/22 and would like to put a decent low powered variable or low power fixed on it. Does anyone have a recommendation for a 1 inch that will focus to 50 feet and hold up since this outfit will live in a truck? I'm trying to get something decent and spend less than $200.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Well I have Leupold 2-7 on two rifles. They are not parallax adjustable but are set at 50 yds.
Small and compact and bright enaugh. And of course Leupold.
Never had the need for parallax adjustment on them.
Then I have a Leupold 3-9X EFR on mý air rifle and thats an excellent scope but is gonna cost you more tha $200. But that onas adjustable parallax down to 10 feet.

Posts: 75 | Location: Iceland | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Weaver 2-7x Rimfire scope on an older Rem 22. It is a very good scope, and I've had no problems at all with it. It's very clear.
I bought mine from Natchez for about $125.
I personally think it's a Best Buy in 22 scopes.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
vortex, redfield, mueller, pentax lots of them for less than 200. last one i used was a vortex diamonback from doug on a 17h2 - worked out very well

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have quite a few of the Leupold 22 scopes on my guns as well. They have a shorter tube that is matched a little better to the scope spacing and frame of the smaller rifles. They look proportioned to the gun. Quality is very good. I think the 2 X 7 is the same price as the fixed 4X.

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is a little than your $200.00, but I would take a look at the Clearidge Ultra RM 3-9x32. Well worth the money and many people compare it to the Leupold VXII 3-9x33 EFR for half the cost.

http://www.theopticzone.com/ca...earidge-ultra_rm.htm

Posts: 750 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 15 August 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have one of Jon's Clearidge Ultra RM's on a CZ 452 and it's exactly what I wanted. I checked out quite a few options before picking the Clearidge.

I have a gloss with the duplex dot.

Posts: 1 | Location: Chugiak, AK | Registered: 15 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sightron 3x9. Runs about $130. Own about half a dozen and every one is a beauty.
Second choice would be the Weaver.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6611 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote