New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hats off to the great folks at Leica
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I recently purchased a new Leica Rangemaster CRF 1200 range finder (back in November). After a few hunting excursions down south, I was somewhat dissatisfied with the performance of the rangfinder. It gave large variances in readings of the same object and wouldn't give readings on 300 yard objects when conditions were sunny but hazy. I called the support center in Allendale, N.J. They said to send it back with a description of the problem. It shipped out on Monday Feb.the 1st and I received a NEW one yesterday. Right away I can tell that the new rangefinder is a different & much better setup. Just playing with it here at my home it appears to function properly from the get-go, which the previous one did not.

My compliments and thanks to Leica!

"The right to bear arms" insures your right to freedom, free speech, religion, your choice of doctors, etc. ....etc. ....etc....
-----------------------------------one trillion seconds = 31,709 years-------------------

Posts: 1521 | Location: Just about anywhere in Texas | Registered: 26 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's a good endorsement.
Thanks for the posting.
I have a habit of remembering the good guys when it comes time to make a purchase.

Don

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm glad Leica took care of your problem. I had the same problem with mine about 3 years ago, and they flat out stiffed me. Wouldn't repair it at their expense or mine, but DID offer to take it in on trade on a new one for $300 difference. The deal sucked, but I took it, because when the CRF 1200 works, it is a really good rangefinder. Maybe you got my old one after they fixed it--

Posts: 807 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 03 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Von Gruff
posted Hide Post
I bought my 1200 CRF Leica a couple of years ago from scope city in the US and it wouldn't range from the get go. Scope city wouldn't answer emails on the subject so I contacted the head office in Germany and they were confounded as to why the seller wouldn't honour the guarantee so they replaced it themselves.
Love the unit.

Von Gruff.

Von Gruff.

http://www.vongruffknives.com/

Gen 12: 1-3

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12

Posts: 2688 | Location: South Otago New Zealand. | Registered: 08 February 2009Reply With Quote
<generalwar>
posted
Great glass you get what you pay for eh