Find
Notify
Tools

CHEAP red dot for xd tactical 9mm
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of pattersonj11
posted
I purchased my first pistol a while back and am interested in trying out a red dot or similar sight. I do not need the best out there because I am merely trying this concept out for the first time. I always tote this gun when I am hunting; therefore I need something that can be easily taken on and off because I don't think it would work well in the holster.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Posts: 72 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have an XD40 Tactical and I am curious as to what mounting system is available to mount optics onthese. The only reddot sight I have used is a Cabela's Pine Ridge. The Pine Ridge is an excellent optic and I regret selling it.

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1191 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of pattersonj11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Luckyducker:
I have an XD40 Tactical and I am curious as to what mounting system is available to mount optics onthese. The only reddot sight I have used is a Cabela's Pine Ridge. The Pine Ridge is an excellent optic and I regret selling it.

I have found some on google that mount in the rear site channel and seen other hideous mounts on the front lower rail. I was trying to see if anyone knew another way.

one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
Burris FastFire

Go too cheap and it won't last on a pistol slide.

http://www.burrisoptics.com/fastfire.html

About $250 IIRC

If you are thinking you can find a $50 Chinese red dot that can be mounted on your pistol, hold zero and function, I may have some bad news for you......

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3103 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of pattersonj11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duckear:
Burris FastFire

Go too cheap and it won't last on a pistol slide.

http://www.burrisoptics.com/fastfire.html

About $250 IIRC

If you are thinking you can find a $50 Chinese red dot that can be mounted on your pistol, hold zero and function, I may have some bad news for you......

I can spend the money on a rifle scope. I don't think it will be worth it for my pistol though.