New
Find
Notify
Tools

Docter vs Meopta vs Karl Kaps
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Your experience about these three scope brands. How about eye relief?
Which one do you put in first, second and third place? Why so?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have recently bought a Docter 3-12 x 56 with a DBA recticle for deerstalking.
I am still in the process of learning how to use it to best effect so can't really comment as yet other than it seems wellmade and the documentation is poor.
I had to e-mail the factory to get the tech spec for the recticle and even that came in technical German:
"Uberdeckungswerte in cm/100M" didn't come out in Babelfish!

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened. Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 574 | Location: UK | Registered: 13 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can't comment on Docter or KKaps, but I 've just traded in a Meopta. As the light fades is the time to test a scope, the Meopta 4x32 lost out to a Leupy 1.75-6x32 which lost out to a Zeiss conquest 1.8-5.5x38. All were tested at 4x magnification
I hope this is of some help.

Posts: 1374 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SIKA98K
posted Hide Post
I owned a Docter 3x12x56 some years ago.It was pretty good but did have a heavy[thick]reticle.This was fine for lamping foxs at night but a little annoying for range work.
A secondhand Swarovski 6x24x50 with a TDS reticle came up and I snapped it up.
I have only used one Meopta,a 7x50.That was range shooting,zeroing a friends Mannlicher.Value for money it seemed good but lacked the colour contrast of the Swarovski.
I had a look at Karl Kapps scopes but didnt rate them.They appeared very watery around the edges.MHO

Posts: 457 | Location: Ireland | Registered: 12 May 2004Reply With Quote