Find
Notify
Tools

Burris Handgun Scopes
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted
I have been considering the purchase of a variable power Burris handgun scope. If anyone has experience with their scopes I would like to know about:

1. Satisfaction with their quality and durability.

2. Satisfaction or lack thereof with Burris customer service.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
Burris was bought out by the Beretta holding company a couple of years ago and their quality and cusomer service went down the tube <pun intended> shortly thereafter.

Handgunners end up having to put up with them because they have a fairly extensive line of scopes that is unequaled anywhere else.

$bob$

Posts: 2494 | Location: NW Florida Piney Woods | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Installed this on my 500 S&W last night. Should have "experience with it" in a couple of days. Smiler In the meantime, I'm a huge fan of their riflescopes. With the exception of a couple Simmons' on some beater guns, all of my serious stuff carries a Burris Signature. The old style.

Posts: 852 | Location: Austin | Registered: 24 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As LDHunter said, Burris was bought by Beretta. My 3 Burris pistol scopes were purchased before then. They are great scopes and have never had a problem with them - even the one on a T/C Contender in 375 JDJ. I can't tell you about Customer Service as I have never had to use them.

Posts: 203 | Registered: 09 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
burris doesn't know what customer service is Mad

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RandyWakeman
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have been considering the purchase of a variable power Burris handgun scope. If anyone has experience with their scopes I would like to know about:

1. Satisfaction with their quality and durability.

2. Satisfaction or lack thereof with Burris customer service.

I have a Burris 2-7X on my SuperRedhawk -- it is excellent.

Using a dozen or so Burris scopes-- I've had no problems of any kind. Their new Signature Selects are outstanding--.

Posts: 375 | Location: Plainfield, IL | Registered: 11 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have several 3-12's on my pistols, and one compact as well on my .223 Weatherby CFP.
They are ok, however their strong point is that they offer features that many long range shooters like Ie. paralax adj., balistic plex, high magnification
Maybe not the brightest, but servicable and I have personally never had a problem with their warranty department.
There were some dark years before Berreta where their quality had really dropped off. My newest 3-12 bought last year seems like the best I've owned so far. Hopefully they will continue to improve.
If Leupold would offer an adjustable obj. and a ballistic reticle option for their 2.5-8 VIII it would be the Cadilac for sure. My 2.5-8 VIII was the brightest pistol scope I ever owned.
Although it hasn't affected my in the field, one thing I have noticed at my club is that I get a lot of stray light reflections that really hinder my view with all the Burris scopes I own. But so far I have not encountered this problem while hunting.

Posts: 85 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 25 August 2005Reply With Quote