THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    Simmons....or should I say Meade....did me well!!!!

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Simmons....or should I say Meade....did me well!!!!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
About a year and half ago I bought a simmons prairiemaster 6-24 scope for some 300 yard load developement. I think this was made before Meade took over. The scope was $70 and was kind of a disappointment. Not crystal clear and a bit of debris in the lense but.....I guess.....what did I expect for $70. It worked well for a year and then wouldn't hold a zero. I got ahold of Meade wondering how the new owner would honor the old scope warranty. They gave me a return number and shipping instructions. I didn' hear from them for about a month so I sent off an e-mail with the return number. A week later a brand new master series 6-24 mil dot plex scope shows up. This scope seems to be worth about $170 anywhere you price them.
This new scope is really nice. It's much more compact and lightweight than the original and it's very clear. It also has a side focus parralax. I'm kind of excited to get it mounted and get shooting this fall when the weather cools down. Anyhow....just wanted to report my good luck and give them a little advertising cause I think they deserve it.

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
Congratulations kraky! You scored. thumb

Simmons has always been my go to scope line when I wanted to go cheap, especially their Aetec series. Good to hear they are taking care of customers.

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote