New
Find
Notify
Tools

30mm low powered scope
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Looking for a 1x4, 1x5, etc. 30mm scope, straight tube.
Who makes one for under $500?
Thanks

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How about the new Leupold VXR 1.25-4x20? We have been selling a lot of these new scopes.

Posts: 750 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 15 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the scope Jon is suggesting and I'm very pleased with it.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good tip, thanks.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice looking scope. Ordered one to try on a new double.
Again, thanks for the tips.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have just put one on my .444m for driven wild boar hunting it looks good so far!

bob

Posts: 37 | Location: Cumbria, England | Registered: 14 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Millett makes a 1-4 with illuminated reticle,,Listed a a "tactical" Ithink Very Fast target acqusition
It is a red dot within a red circle, Under $300 got mine
at Midway on sale for less like $229. Put it on a Marlin
1895 Guide Gun in 45/70. Great rig for hogs. Has taken
a lot of recoil on that gun and no problems.

Good hunting,

Tetonka
DRSS

Posts: 295 | Location: Willow City, Texas & Polebridge, Montana | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
One inch or 30 MM, can make no difference on a 1x4 scope...I have been shooting 1x4 Leupolds for ages, and thinking back I don't remember turning the scope up to 4X on a buffalo or anything else come to think of it..I also use the 1.5x5 and keep it on low power when I hunt and never change it...My old 3X Leupold is also a favorite scope..All 30 mm does is add bulk to a rifle..I don't like that...Just my personal opinnion...I tried the 30 MM as the companies gave me a deal on them at one time..I couldn't see that they accomplished anything more than taking my hard earned money. Another case of optical over engineering....

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41970 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote