Find
Notify
Tools

Zeiss Victory HT 10x54
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted
Has anyone on the board used them in the field (they have been out around 4 years now) or tried them out in store. I am trying to decide between these or the Swarovski SLC

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3326 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Well I just ordered a pair so we will see here in a week or so when they arrive how they are. Hopefully they arrive before Thanksgiving so I have a few days early morning and late evening to use while hunting.

Posts: 3326 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You mean 10x56?

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
You mean 10x56?

Nope. They are indeed 10x54. So make sure you are ordering the right pair for me for Christmas, Biebs. And even a demo model is just fine ha ha Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9406 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
95+% Light Transmission. They are supposed to be amazing. Can’t wait to try them out

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
I am anxious to hear how you like them. Keep us posted.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9406 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have had the 10x54 HT for a couple of years. I really like them. I do wish the center focus wheel some not quiet as sensitive. I have no regrets as to the purchase. I really appreciate them as the light starts fading.

quote:
Originally posted by Buglemintoday:
95+% Light Transmission. They are supposed to be amazing. Can’t wait to try them out

Posts: 426 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 06 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ldmay375:
I have had the 10x54 HT for a couple of years. I really like them. I do wish the center focus wheel some not quiet as sensitive. I have no regrets as to the purchase. I really appreciate them as the light starts fading.

quote:

Great!! I am glad to hear you like them. Were you able to compare to Leica and Swarovski? Thoughts?

My pair will be here tomorrow and once they show up I will be headed hunting

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No direct comparison to comparable competitors.
I carry 7x42 Leica Ultravid HD's. With which I experienced a couple of occasions, in Very low light of not being to see the detail of antlers. I had to wonder if, if I had more power and more objective could I have positively identified the required brow tines. So, I choked up the money to find out.

Between the 2 mentioned binoculars there is a definite difference, in favor of the 10x54's. I carry the 7x42's on a chest harness and the 10x54's in my day pack. I absolutely love the 7x42's. But, the 10x54 have the advantage when getting dark. They are certainly not night vision but still impress me.

I suspect/guess there would not be much "using" difference between the upper tier brands of similar products. Usually, the Zeiss glass gives my favorite view in scopes. Though not saying that I see any less with Swarovski, just different. I do have some Swarovski scopes particularly the 1.7-10x42 non-illuminated with Plex reticle that I really like. So not a brand thing with me.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ldmay375:

quote:

Great!! I am glad to hear you like them. Were you able to compare to Leica and Swarovski? Thoughts?

My pair will be here tomorrow and once they show up I will be headed hunting

Posts: 426 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 06 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
So make sure you are ordering the right pair for me for Christmas, Biebs. And even a demo model is just fine ha ha Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Bobby

Damn, Bobby! I hope Zeiss accepts returns! :-)

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote