New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need advice
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I need a scope for my Ruger SBH and can not decide on which one i should buy.I prefer a fixed 4X,but could live with a variable.This will be used for hunting and the range.I have a budget of $200-300. any suggestions?

Posts: 39 | Location: Tuscola,Tx | Registered: 30 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jackfish
posted Hide Post
The Leupold FX-II 4x at $299 should get consideration. The Burris 4x26mm for $205 and Weaver 4x28mm for $150 are not quite as good. The Leupold is probably your only bet for a good 4x handgun scope.

You learn something new everyday whether you want to or not.

Posts: 1080 | Location: Western Wisconsin | Registered: 21 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Definately going with Luepold.I recently purchased one(my first)to go on my 45/70 GG and have been very impressed.

One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted Hide Post
Until Zeiss or Swarovski release handguns scopes (Im dreaming and waiting with that day!!!) take the leupold.

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would be homeless if the wife knew I spent that kind of money on a "toy". Those ultra high end (to me at least) scopes are only a pipe dream for now.Someday though.