New
Find
Notify
Tools

new Minox 8.5x43 HG field test
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Field tested my new Minox binos that I got from Doug at Camera Land. I hunted 3 days in South Texas this weekend using the binos in everything from dawn to dusk with ranges from 19 to 500 yards. The field of view with these binos is unreal! Very crisp, clean optics. I could see drop tines and kicker points at over 300 yards easily. I compared them side by side with my Steiner 8x56 Nighthunters and they were brighter, crisper and half the size. At dark-thiry, after legal shooting hours for deer, you could still make out which deer were bucks and does. Way after dark I put a stalk on some javies and at 40 yards in the brush using the binos I could easily distinquish between bushes and animals, naked eye you could not even see the javies.
CONCLUSION: For 650.00, best money on optics I have spent!!!!

Perry

Posts: 2249 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got the same binos in 10x43...also from Doug...one of the best deals going. The Minox's are am excellent glass...regardless of price...but the price is right. My experimentation mimics yours.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote