New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leupold Ultimate Slam
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anybody put one of Leupold's Ultimate Slam shotgun/muzzleloader scopes to use yet?

Ken

Posts: 190 | Location: Mountains of Virginia | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kenati
posted Hide Post
Hey Ken. I was doing a search to see if anybody was as happy with the new UltimateSlam as I am.

I've had the 3-9X40mm w/ the SA.B.R. reticle for a few months, but just mounted it and sighted in yesterday. I have it on a Knight Revolution II in 50 cal. using Hornady 250 gr SST sabots on top of 150 gr. of Triple Seven pellets at an average velocity of 2080 fps.

Using the three pellet designation on the power ring, which is also max at 9X, I was amazed at how the trajectory matched up perfectly with the reticle design from 50 to 150 yards. I want to shoot it out to the full 300 and then I'll do a final report (probably in the Black Powder forum).

Link:
http://www.leupold.com/hunting...scopes/ultimateslam/

Overview:

Posts: 1051 | Location: Dirty Coast | Registered: 23 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of K20350
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine put one on his turkey shotgun and seems to be very happy w/ it. If those 3.5in 2.25oz loads havent killed it it must be tough lol.

Posts: 445 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote