New
Find
Notify
Tools

Smith & Wesson 6-24x42
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone have one of these rifle scopes they can give me a review and some info on. I don't care that they got discontinued in 2004 and that they are made by hakko, stuff like thatSmiler how does it compare with an Elite 4200, is the glass good, does it track well and hold zero. and how many MOA of adjustments does it have? thanks a bunch.

Posts: 115 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 25 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Stormbringer
posted Hide Post
Crout - I had a 4.5-18 Smith and Wesson Scope. Tracking was ok and it had a mildot reticle. Glass was only fair. I could turn the power up to 14 and that was about it. Anything over 14 and it was too hard to keep your eye in perfect alignment and the quality and darkness of the image was poor. Glass was comparable to higher end Japan made Simmons and Tasco. It was not even as good as a Bushnell Elite 3200.

Mike.

Posts: 94 | Location: Fruit Heights, Utah | Registered: 01 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks for the info. i've been offered a new 6-24 for $350?? good deal?

Posts: 115 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 25 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crout:
thanks for the info. i've been offered a new 6-24 for $350?? good deal?

IMO, I think you'd be better served spending your $350 on another scope. There are much better values out there. Look at the Nikon Buckmasters and their ilk. Also, it will almost no resale value.

If i were you, I'd ask Jon from the Optic Zone for his opinion. He has much more experience on the subject than I do. Lou

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3316 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote