Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nightforce VS Valdada
 Login/Join

posted
I am looking for honest opinions about the difference between Nightforce NXS and the Valdada tactical scopes. I have the Nightforce scope and absolutely love it but a friend asks me about the Valdada scopes and I honestly don’t know anything about them. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have an IOR 2.5 X 10 X 42 Tactical scope Mil Dot on the FFP and I love it, for deer or bigger targets. I thought the glass was as good to my eye as Nightforce. This scope is on a 300 win. I am looking maybe at buying a Nightforce because everyone says they are bulletproof, and there isn't much difference in price between the two. i want to buy 2 and take my IOR and put on my 06. That is my goal to get done prior to next hunting season. I love the IOR and I love the FFP reticle bu tonly on big targets.

Windage and elevation, Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation...

Posts: 944 | Location: michigan | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks chain, I tell you one thing you will not be disappointed in the nightforce nxs. I think I am going to tell the buddy to go with the nightforce just because I have one and know what they are about. I do think the valdada are great scopes but just no experience with them. It does not help that I live in Canada and can hardly get anything shipped up here, what a pain in the ass.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I looked thru a Nightforce today and turned the dials a bit. Quite a scope, soon as my wife isn't looking I am buying one

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I own 2 IOR's a 9-36x56 with 35mm maintube and a M1 4x24 with .308 BDC.

I have a NXS Nightforce coming in 12-42x56.

My friend had a NXS 8-32x56, the Asian Glass is not as good as the Schott Glass Used in the IOR's. The IOR's have glass that rivals Schmidt & Bender & Zeiss. I have a feeling that Zeiss may use Schott Glass or in fact own the Schott Glasswerks.

Everyone whom owns IOR's never complains about the glass its first rate, I doubt though that there as rugged as the NXS Nightforce scopes, I potentially have a Syteyr HS .50 coming and thats why I purchased the nightforce, I was originally going to use the IOR 9-36 infact it was purchased for that rifle but I needed a scope for a .243 and I thought I would opt for the popular choice of scope brand for the .50 which according to the FCSA guys is overwhelmingly NXS Nightforce's.

I am confident that the IOR would hold up.............though.

If you opt for IOR shop through Scott Berish of liberty optics www.libertyoptics.com he is first rate. He cant send more scopes to us guys in Oz yet as he needs to get his export licence for IOR military scopes sorted out due to some new bullshit regulations bought in, hence not using the IOR as he may not be able to send it back to Australia following fixing it if it required it until he has that licence sorted which could take months.

The MP-8 Reticle is THE most awsome reticle I have seen for longrange scope, I have chosen the NP-R1 for my NXS as thatst he closest looking to the MP-8, its awsome in the field for varmints that dot draws the eye brilliantly. If NXS's used Shott Glass and had the MP-8 reticle they would be the best scopes Bar None................unless you needed FFP that US optics and S&B Offer, but you need to part with the 3k or there abouts.

Hope this helps.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I was going to get into a deal with a S & B but changed my mind. A nice scope but just too much money for me. Same with the USO. I like the IOR alot but I think I like that 5 X 22 Nightforce just a bit better. I ma going to stick my IOR on my -06 and stick the Nightforce on my 300 win and I will be good for awhile.

posted Hide Post
Thanks agaian for the info, much help. I am going to pass this info on to my buddy and let him make the call. Happy shooting this new year.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
nightforce of course, i have one and its amazing how repeatable it is! it kills the leupold VX-3 @ everything. i dont even think the tacical leupolds are worth the money.

Posts: 735 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 17 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul from nz:
nightforce of course, i have one and its amazing how repeatable it is! it kills the leupold VX-3 @ everything. i dont even think the tacical leupolds are worth the money.

Neither do I...........I recently sold my MK4 6.5-20 to help finance a nightforce NXS and have recently purchased a conquest 4.5-14x44 for a 7mm STW, I sold my .22 Hornet with a leupold to get a 22/250 and have bought a 6.5-20x50 Zeiss Conquest for that. The Conquest is sharper, brighter and clearer to my eye than any VX111 leupold and there similarly priced. I thought the turrets on my MK4 I recently sold where quite mushy comapred to my IOR or NXS's that I have handled. I also like the fats eye foucus that many Euro scopes have rather than the old lock ring that leupold uses. I also like etched reticles they dont go that red colour if you get some light in from behind.

Leupolds have also risen in price enough to make the jump to the next level up not that much. I actually think a Burris Euro Diamnond or Black Diamond has sharper optics to my eye than a VX111

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I looked at Conquest the other day and the turrets were really mushy, that might have been the deciding factor to jump to Nightforce. Also in the power range I am looking for all the IOR's have illuminated reticles. I don't want nor need one of those. If I could get an IOR without an ill. reticle I might go that way. But how can you go wrong with a Nightforce?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chain:
I looked at Conquest the other day and the turrets were really mushy, that might have been the deciding factor to jump to Nightforce. Also in the power range I am looking for all the IOR's have illuminated reticles. I don't want nor need one of those. If I could get an IOR without an ill. reticle I might go that way. But how can you go wrong with a Nightforce?

Nightforce scopes do have illuminated reticles.
I love my 5.5-22X50NXS. its a mil-dot. I dont mind the illuminated reticle its good in the low light for seeing the cross-hairs on a deer

Posts: 735 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 17 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Do they all have Illuminated reticles?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
FYI ; Schott ,Otto was a German fellow who invented Borosilicate_glass also know as Pyrex .

Most top quality optic company's use it .

It's one of the first things learned in Chemistry as it is the glass of beakers , flask , test tubes and so on .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borosilicate_glass

Optics are a REAL PERSONAL choice as I have stated many times . MY first choice is always Zeiss ! I don't know about Conquest series as I don't own any of those .

I recently purchased a couple of Nikon Gold and Monarch series variable power 5-20X44 2-10X44 .

In all honesty I will stack them right next to Leopold Zeiss IOR because I own and use them all . The NEW SF Ultra Coating is the Brightest in the industry period , I'll let you know how they hold up . Replacing an older Weaver fixed power ( Broken ) on my 375 H&H as well as changing optics on the 338 lapua mag.

Give me a couple of weeks and I'll post back .

I feel some what qualified to judge as I just had my annual eye exam still 10/20 vision after ALL these years .

Shoot Straight Know Your Target . ... salute

Posts: 1738 | Location: Southern Calif. | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote