New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leupold Service
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I sent a 30x60 older model spotting scope in for repairs 2 weeks ago. It had been kicked over at the BR Nationals at St. Louis last year and the mounting point was broken off. I sent it in for repairs and asked for a rear lense cap as I had lost the original. It came back repaired, new lense cap, and a new objective lense. I new the objective lense was nasty because of yours truly. We bitch and moan about Leupold and I have also, but my bill was $0.
Thanks Leupold.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've had a similar positive experience with Leupold.

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
THey have a customer for life in me. Not only excellent products but they fixed my scope that got broke in half rolling down a hill last fall. Completely my fault and only cost me $86 bucks shipped to my door.

Posts: 671 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've had similar experiences with Leupolds customer service. Can't say enough good about it. Maybe I've sent a half dozen scopes back for reticle changes, parallax changes, and one for repair. All were back to me in two weeks.
If you guys want to look through what I say is the very best scope made in the US to date, get one of the new Leupold VX-7's. I just received a 1.5-6x VX-7, and the glass is amazing. The image is stellar, and I did compare the image to other Leupy's I have, including VX-III's and a 6x42, with the VX-7 far ahead of the rest as far as image clarity, resolution, and brilliance is concerned.
Leupold got this one right.

Don

One of Us
Picture of SempreElk
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you guys want to look through what I say is the very best scope made in the US to date, get one of the new Leupold VX-7's

I'm glad you said Made in the US. Their product service while excellent is matched and exceeded at this point in time by any number of other companies.

Posts: 1779 | Location: Southeast | Registered: 31 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SempreElk:
Their product service while excellent is matched and exceeded at this point in time by any number of other companies.

No kidding??!! I would not dispute that for a moment, as I simply don't know. BUT, I AM surprised to hear it. After 60+ years as a shooter, and over 50 years in the gun business, I have never dealt with ANY other firm which even approached Leupold in terms of customer service.

One of the reasons I have a lot of Leupold scopes is because I buy "almost junkers" used at gun shows. Then I send them off to Leupold for repair. Always have them back within a week or 10 days, working as good as new, and never a bill yet unless I ordered something additional to the original, like maybe a different style of reticule.

I don't like some aspects of Leupold internal design for target competiton use, but for hunting scopes they are hard to beat and I have always found their service to be without equal.

Am overjoyed to hear that maybe some of the other scope sellers are starting to catch on......

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote