One of Us
posted
I'm putting a new scope on my bolt action
rimfire rifle. Can't decide which one?

1. Clearidge 3X9X32 Ultra RM AO rimfire

2. Burris Timberline 4.5X14 AO

3. Burris 3X9X32 AO rimfire

4. Sightron 3X9X32 rimfire

My absolute first pick would be the Sightron 2.5X10X32 if it came in a rimfire or had AO!
The length, weight, etc. is perfect for a 22 LR.

http://www.sightron.com/index....16362&cat_id=7&id=43

Posts: 1610 | Location: Shelby, Ohio | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would highly recommend taking a look at the Clearidge Ultra RM 3-9x32 AO scope. Comes in three finishes and several reticles. Chuck Hawks gives it a 4 star out of 5. You can see the feedback about the scope from many members of rimfirecentral.com.

Posts: 750 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 15 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Actually, Jon, I meant to post the Clearidge 3X9X32 AO rather than the Weaver. Actually I like the adjustment knobs better. thumb Post edited. beer

However, I still like the Sightron 2.5X10X32 best. It is only 10.9" long and weighs 11.6 oz.
with 3.5"-3.8" eye relief. The tracking system is superb!(The RM is 11.5" long with 3.2"-3.6" eye relief) Weight difference isn't enough to matter. You might consider shortening the RM to an even 11"? I wouldn't hesitate then! Big Grin

This scope is for my custom stocked Dakota 22 LR and the shorter Sightron would fit beautifully. It's a straight 5 star! sofa The problem is that with the 100 yard parallax setting, I don't think it will work well on a 22 rimfire? Confused Mad

Posts: 1610 | Location: Shelby, Ohio | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jon Jackoviak:
I would highly recommend taking a look at the Clearidge Ultra RM 3-9x32 AO scope. Comes in three finishes and several reticles. Chuck Hawks gives it a 4 star out of 5. You can see the feedback about the scope from many members of rimfirecentral.com.

I haven't ruled the RM out. What's the total mounting distance?