New
Find
Notify
Tools

bushnell banner
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
does any of you have experience with a bushnell banner 6-18x50?

Posts: 55 | Location: ky | Registered: 08 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of littlecanoe
posted Hide Post
We used one on a 17 hmr of my dads. Shot a lot of starlings with it. It did OK. For the price it has decent clarity. Not good for low light. The AO was easy to adjust as was the power ring.

Depending on the application and the gun it's OK. Not sure what would compare in the same price range. Maybe a Mueller APV. I've heard good things about them on rimfirecentral.com but haven't used one yet.

Where in the bluegrass are ya?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will be using on 270wsm

casey county

Posts: 55 | Location: ky | Registered: 08 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bob from down under
posted Hide Post
Both my children use them on their 223's. They seem good for the money. Low light is an issue though.

Regards,
Bob.

Posts: 480 | Location: Australia | Registered: 15 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The leader-priced Asian-made variables tend to have problems with focus and holding zero as the power cam is turned through the power range. On the other hand, the fixed power scopes are almost trouble-free and very dependable. I would happily use a Banner 4x on a serious hunting rifle, but can think of no good use for the 6-18 variable.

Posts: 13242 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of littlecanoe
posted Hide Post
I'm in Adair. Cool.

You might want to check out the Pentax scopes too. I've heard good things about them for the price. I have a Burris Fullfield II That I like. Ballistics plex. Neither of those is really that much more than the Banner.

If you're hunting in Casey with most of that terrain, a 9x would be more than sufficient for most the situations unless you're working on paper or small targets.

I don't know if anyone else has tried the Simmons WTC (White Tail Classic) in 6.5 x 20 x 50 but it's decent for the money. Midway used to carry them for 99$ now it's a bit more if they still handle them.

I'm out of town this week but will be in town next week. May be running up to Casey at some point during the week. If you want to look at one of the scopes I could drag that rifle along. You could look at it first hand. Send me a PM if you're interested.

Looks like you guys are growing some really nice Whitetails up that way! I have a friend in the Argyle area that has some good game cam footage.

lc

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I shot seveal deer with my Banner before it fell apart on a local hunt. I had a freind whose Banner fell apart on an Elk hunt in Colorado. If you want to carry an extra scope or count on good luck Banner would work. But for a cheap scope - I'd look at Pentax Gameseeker, Sightron S1, or others on top of the 270 WSM. You are better off with a manufacturer whos will replace the scope then one who wants to sell you several because they are certain to die in the field.

Posts: 299 | Location: California | Registered: 10 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got one right here. My BIL took it off his .270 when he upgraded to a Leupold. You can have it for a song plus shipping, as I'll never use it.

Posts: 15936 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No takers?

Posts: 15936 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote