New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leupold prismatic scope
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was just looking at the new Leupold prismatic scope. It might be just the ticket for a close range hard kicker.
Leupold says it is their most rugged scope. Just 1X but 5" of eye relief. It just mounts with one ring.
Just might be a good idea for us fellas with older eyes that have trouble focusing on 3 planes.
Circle dot makes since for fast acquisition.

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
I played with one last year on a Ruger No 1 in 35 Whelen and it worked pretty well as with it's long eye relief it did not hang out over the chamber.
I tired it on a 375 Ruger M-77 but the single rings that Ruger make have too much side to side wobble and slop that one ring didn't work well.

They weigh as much as the standard 2 1/2 power and should be super tough and Leupold is considering offering them in higher powers and when they do i will figure out a way to attach them.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4203 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
eezridr, I agree completely with you. Good catch! If you go forward with the prismatic scope I hope you will give us feedback.

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote