New
Find
Notify
Tools

CONETROL RINGS
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Can anyone identify these Custom 8C3 rings? I have (2) 1" SPLIT, MED in original boxes and really cannot recall why or what rifle I bought them for a long ways back. I can Text/Email pictures.

Tnx Mike

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran

Posts: 1060 | Location: Brownstown, Michigan | Registered: 19 April 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Michael.....

I've liked, and used, them for many years. Especially on my deluxe/high grade Sakos.

Your best info can be had on their website.....conetrol dot com

Hope this helps.

Kevin

Posts: 409 | Location: The Republic Of Texas, USA | Registered: 28 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kevin, trying to reverse engineer on the site is not working for me.Think I'll just list for sale but have no clue what to ask.

Mike

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran

Posts: 1060 | Location: Brownstown, Michigan | Registered: 19 April 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Michael,

PM sent.

Kevin

Posts: 409 | Location: The Republic Of Texas, USA | Registered: 28 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
They were and are amazing feats of engineering and art.

I always wished I had acquired and used at least one set.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13396 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
I fitted a few Conetrol rings back in the days when they came out. They were the early ones that were not QD i.e. they come apart into components when the screws locking them in the bases are undone. While they look nice they are fiddly to fit and a pain not being QD. They later versions did have a locking screw which kept the rings locked to the scope when removing from the bases. Died a natural death due to cost and fiddliness of the early versions, the old adage coming to play, once bitten twice shy. Big Grin

Posts: 3858 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I used them a lot prior to Talley, they were so clean and low and the cross screw model wasn't much trouble, but a long way from
QD..as you had to unscrew the windage screw to remove the scope which was not complicated but return to zero tended to vary a few inches..They sure dressed up a rifle..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41858 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote