Find
Notify
Tools

Nikko-Sterling/Night Eater
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Nikko-Sterling/Night Eater
Anybody have experiences with this brand or their scopes? Is there a place to purchase them in the United States? A friend of mine in north Texas asked if I could find info on them. I found the website but no prices anywhere. If the opinions are that they suck, what do you guys recommend for night operations?
Andy

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a 1 inch tube model on a .22. I regard it as occupying the low end of the middle tier of scope quality. My local dealer tells me that he sells a lot of these without any problem. Optically the glass and coatings is extremely good for Chinese manufacturers and I have not had any problem with the scope mechanically but it is only on a .22. They are very reasonably priced in Australia and a google search easily turned up prices for the US. There is nothing special about them to warrant the name "Nighteater" that any scope with equivalent or better optics can't do. The angled front objective bell is a nuisance by the way. With the choice of scopes you have in the US in this price range I would buy on availability and service reputation.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi there Andy,
It depends on what you want to stick one on. I've got one on a .17HMR and I've never had a problem. I've murdered another 2 on a 22-250, lasted around 70 shots each before the guts were rattling around inside. They're not bad for the money but from my experience with them, not up to centre fire recoil. Ideally, I'd go with something like a Leupold but they're mucho expensive over here

Posts: 158 | Location: South East England | Registered: 16 October 2008Reply With Quote