New
Find
Notify
Tools

swarovski/leica binoculars
 Login/Join

posted
Hello all
Been looking at swaro binos the E L model and leica's but dont know which one to go for so i would be gratefull for all input and veiws if anyone has any

Cheers

Posts: 22 | Location: Northeast England | Registered: 13 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
Compair them and Let YOUR EYES decide.....For me it is Leica,but you may prefer the Swarovski's....Side by side comparison is the only way to make the decision ....... thumb

A 9mm may expand to a larger diameter, but a 45 ain't going to shrink

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
- Winston Churchill

Posts: 5077 | Location: USA | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I agreed let your eyes decide. I bought a pair of 10x42 EL's over the internet and I never did like them. Sold them, and then went and compare all the high end ones and my eyes told me the Zeiss FL's now I'm happy as can be.

Good luck and optical they are all very good.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can't make a bad decision here. For what it's worth, I went the Leica route.

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As the other guys said, let your eyes decide, but for me it was Leica...........

Verbera!, Iugula!, Iugula!!!

Blair.

Posts: 8808 | Location: Sydney, Australia. | Registered: 21 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blair338/378:
As the other guys said, let your eyes decide, but for me it was Leica...........

Me too Smiler

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For many years I never looked for a Leice, for they didn't and dont have a bino with a 56mm frontlens diameter, and a 56 bino allways was a "must have" for a hunter.

That has changed now, for many hunters now prefer the 7x42 scopes. So, after comparing Zeiss, Leica and , hands up for Leica, its the best, for me.

Burkhard

Posts: 438 | Location: Germany | Registered: 15 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I too went the Leica route after comparing the Leica, Swarovski and Zeiss, but I agree that you should go with what looks best to you in a side by side comparison.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I compared them all and now have a pair of 10x42 Swaro EL's, 8x32 Zeiss FL's and hope to buy a pair of 8x20 Leica Ultravids. I prefered different brands in different sizes.
They are all very good so just try all that you can and buy the ones that suit you best. If possible you should also check out the top end Nikons some people like them too..................DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hello. I agree with dj. Both an 8x42 FL and 8x32 BR reside/work on this end. In your quest, remember (also) that there may be sample variation within any given brand; although this issue seems to be declining as prices increase.

Bottom line? The top three are incredibly close...go with your personal preference, or, "gut feeling", and you will have made the right decision.

Bill

COL USMC RET
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 15 | Location: SE | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
By the way, I just picked up a pair of Leica 10x25 Ultravids and learned that they are Made in Portugal! I was a little surprised to learn that. Regardless, I am totally satisfied with them. Michael

one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree with: you really can't go wrong with either the Leica's or the Swarovski's and the best way to decide is by a side-by-side comparison, plus which feel better in your hands.

I have 2 pair of Swarovski (both 8x30's) and 3 pair of Leica's (10x25, 10x32 and 10x40).

My favorite pair are the Leica 10x40 Ultravid's.

Posts: 1361 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Where and when you try your side by side testing will make a difference. I once compared both Zeiss and Leica binoculars at a store, with the owner allowing me to go out on the sidewalk and look up and down the street with both. The Zeiss were better to my eyes. But I had the opportunity to look through the same two binoculars in the mountains one day and the Leicas were better. Go figure. I think some will be better in low light but not as good in daylight. Probably just me but the conditions under which they are used most may favor one over the other.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wink:
Where and when you try your side by side testing will make a difference. I once compared both Zeiss and Leica binoculars at a store, with the owner allowing me to go out on the sidewalk and look up and down the street with both. The Zeiss were better to my eyes. But I had the opportunity to look through the same two binoculars in the mountains one day and the Leicas were better. Go figure. I think some will be better in low light but not as good in daylight. Probably just me but the conditions under which they are used most may favor one over the other.

My opinion is that what Wink says here is very important. I will go even farther along that line. In my experience (and just mine) all makes of binoculars vary between the individual sets.

That is, a 10x42 brand X may perform better than a set of 10x42 Brand Y. However, the very next set of 10x42 Brand X you try may perform less well than the 10x42 Y's.

So, my advice is to not only compare them head-to-head, but when you find a set which really suit you, buy THAT pair, not just another pair bearing the same name and model designations.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote