New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pentax Scopes @ Cameraland
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just got an email from Cameraland and saw that Pentax Pioneer Scopes (basically same as Burris Fullfield II) are on sale. I bought a 4.5-14x42 (NIB) for $159 with free shipping.

You can't beat that!!

Thanks Doug for making such great offers.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit"--Aristotle (384BC-322BC)

Posts: 749 | Location: Central Montana | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the support, without which we would not be here

Have a great day,
Doug
gr8fuldoug@aol.com
Camera Land
516-217-1000
www.cameralandny.com

Posts: 3667 | Location: Old Bethpage NY | Registered: 08 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I need to order a scope for an incoming Savage 17HMR.

Never owned a Pentax before, what is your opinion of this scope? AO?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My scope came in today. Like I said before they are Burris Fullfield II in a Pentax box. I don't think the 3-9 Pioneer has AO, but I know the 4.5-14 does.

Optics pretty good. I haven't owned any big $$ scopes so I can't make the comparison. I would put them in the high middle somewhere. I would say the best in the price range.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit"--Aristotle (384BC-322BC)

Posts: 749 | Location: Central Montana | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can not find any mention on either Cameralands web page or Pentax's web page this scope has an AO.
Can you verify that it does before I order one? Thank you

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It does have AO

Have a great day,
Doug
gr8fuldoug@aol.com
Camera Land
516-217-1000
www.cameralandny.com

Posts: 3667 | Location: Old Bethpage NY | Registered: 08 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ordered one, thank you. But why did the web site charge me for shipping?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Because you requested USPS Priority.
Standard Fed Ex Ground is always included to street addresses in the USA

Have a great day,
Doug
gr8fuldoug@aol.com
Camera Land
516-217-1000
www.cameralandny.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, dang it. I thought requesting Fedex would cost you guys more money, that is why I requested USPS.
Live and learn

one of us
posted Hide Post
Are these actually a Fullfield with different label ?

Thanks

Lonnie

Posts: 37 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 29 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got one of these from Doug a while ago to put on a knock around Savage 243 and so far I've been very pleased - I couldn't reist trying it on a rabbit at 160 yards and it took the heart out of the poor little thing, then loaned it to my son's freind and about 3 hours into his first day of deer hunting he bagged a nice buck.

He didn't knock it out of zero so it must be pretty rugged, both he and my son run into most everything in the woods.

If it isn't a Burris FF2 with different markings - I would be shocked.

Posts: 299 | Location: California | Registered: 10 January 2005Reply With Quote