Find
Notify
Tools

Leupold Hog scope with Pigplex reticle?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
Just saw this on a SHOT show site. 1.25-4X. Wonder if it will become popular for DG ...

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16654 | Location: Las Cruces, NM | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The VXR with the Hog reticle came out last year. We sold a few, but I don't think it is that popular.

Posts: 750 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 15 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
I looked at the reticle online and it actually has the words "PIG" and "PLEX" etched on the outside ends of the horizontal bar. I don't think that helps sales.

OTOH the new M8 1.1x8x24 is coming out. $5,000 a pop! Outside of military, LEO and sponsored 3-gun shooters I bet sales are limited too.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11142 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tiggertate:
I looked at the reticle online and it actually has the words "PIG" and "PLEX" etched on the outside ends of the horizontal bar.

Ouch! What a bad idea that was:

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one that I put on a Ruger 44 Mag Carbine for the purpose of pig hunting at close range. It does say Pig Plex but after shooting it for a while I do not notice it anymore. I have just used it on paper but next week I am going to give it a try on Texas hogs.
It is clear and has good eye relief so it should be good for a DGR. There is the same scope available with a "Normal" reticle. I like the feature that the red dot or circle turns of if the scope has not moved in a while and then turns back on with motion.

Mark

Posts: 1244 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No Trolling intended, but when are they coming out with the Zombie Plex?

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
yuck

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
I've got one with the plainer dot and circle reticle. So far, it has held up well on my Browning BLR in .450 Marlin...loaded heavily.
Will be going on a hog hunt on Oklahoma's southern border Friday-Monday. Hope to have some field info then.
Max

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drewhenrytnt:
No Trolling intended, but when are they coming out with the Zombie Plex?

Here you go

More Zombie Crap

Posts: 448 | Registered: 27 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
The hog hunting was terrible. Everything I saw was over 300yds away. Rats! However, I did like what I saw through my scope. Also, at the range it has performed well.

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote