THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    Looking for a reliable scope for a .22 rimfire

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a reliable scope for a .22 rimfire
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of 35Whelen
posted
I'm looking for a reliable, lightweight, inexpensive scope for a .22 rimfire. Since this won't be used for hunting in low light, I'm not especially concerned about fully multi-coated lenses. 4X would be more than enough magnification and I wouldn't be opposed to a 2x. I'm mainly interested in durability.
Thanks!
35W

"Only accurate rifles are interesting"- Col. Townsend Whelen

Posts: 143 | Location: Texas | Registered: 08 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've had good luck with a couple of Weaver 22 Rimfire scopes that run around $120.
Have not used any others, and some guys might come along and recommend what they use.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ditto the above. The Weaver 2-7X Rimfire scope is a fine, fine piece.

Posts: 1577 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try Natchez, they have the weaver 4x32 shotgun on special. The parallax setting of the scope should be OK for .22 rimfire

See link:

http://www.natchezss.com/Category.cfm?contentID=product...er%20Shotgun%20Scope

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I put standard 1" scopes on my rimfires.

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Esldude
posted Hide Post
The Weaver 4x in either R4 rimfire version or 4x shotgun version is a fine choice. Reliable, and it does have good glass with fully multicoated optics.

Posts: 852 | Location: USA | Registered: 01 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JORGE01:
Try Natchez, they have the weaver 4x32 shotgun on special. The parallax setting of the scope should be OK for .22 rimfire

See link:

Jorge,

I just bought one of those scopes and it's still in the box, unmounted. It's waiting for the snow to go.... Big Grin
The Weaver scopes I mentioned above are the 2-7x scopes. Forgot to mention that.

Don

one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JORGE01:

See link:

Ditto. Great scope for $80. Lou

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3316 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have bought 4 and 6 power Leupold scopes on e-bay, sent them back to Leupold and had them re-regulated for 50 yards and been very satisfied. This whole process usually winds up costing me about $125 per scope and they are super!

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wallmart has the Nikon 4x rimfire for $99.00.

One of Us
Picture of Abob
posted Hide Post
Have you thought about a red dot, they are a lot of fun on a 22, we have one on our 10/22 and have a ball hunting snowshoes & grouse,

Jim

fur, feathers, & meat in the freezersalute
"Pass it on to your kids"

Posts: 822 | Location: Palmer, Alaska | Registered: 22 October 2008Reply With Quote