New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reading glasses with a scope
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone use their reading glasses when shooting with a scope? This might be a dumb question for you long time wearers of glasses but I have just got to that age. I have a distance prescription I only wear when shooting with open sights but never noticed till tonight that when I wear my reading cheaters I can see much better with a scope. This was found out while aiming at a line across the room getting the cross hairs level on an old Weaver v7 set on 2.5 power. Looks like they get tried out next time at the range.

Molon Labe

New account for Jacobite

Posts: 631 | Location: SW. PA. | Registered: 03 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The problem is not with your eyes, its that crappy scope and you should sell it to me before you go blind. LOL. That is a good point though and I am going to try that to see if there is a difference for me as well.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodrow S:
The problem is not with your eyes, its that crappy scope and you should sell it to me before you go blind. LOL. That is a good point though and I am going to try that to see if there is a difference for me as well.

That crappy scope impressed the crap out of me so far!

Molon Labe

New account for Jacobite

One of Us
posted Hide Post
you need to adjust the focus rings for your eyes without glasses

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree with butchloc, I noticed it was clearer when I had my readers on, so I screwed out the eye lens until it sharpened up the picture. I don't want to have to be wearing my reading glasses when I'm hunting or shooting.

Posts: 554 | Location: CT | Registered: 17 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never thought of that. Guess it is because I always adjust new scopes. This one was used and I thought it was clear until I put the glasses on.

Molon Labe

New account for Jacobite

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I try to always wear shooting glasses of some sort when shooting. Now that I am in prescription glasses (getting old sucks)I use them BUT I make sure they are safety/shooting glasses,. Regular reading glasses will offer some protection but not as good as the real deal. Something I have found out of late is that I appear to get a better image with my clear glasses than I do with my sun glasses.
Just something to consider.
C.G.B.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sunglasses make your pupils open, thereby reducing your depth perception.

Posts: 554 | Location: CT | Registered: 17 May 2008Reply With Quote