New
Find
Notify
Tools

re mounts
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
hi im looking for a set of mounts for my steyr tacital elite i want to fit a 60 mm bell and any mounts i have tryed the picatinny rail is full lenth the scope is 30 mm tube with 60mm objective bell i have tryed Ior mounts and there about 5 mm to low the will fit a 56 mm bell perfect any help welcome

One of Us
Picture of Claret_Dabbler
posted Hide Post
Try Warne QD's. The low version will easily clear a 50mm scope with a 30mm tube, mediums or high should sort you out.

I have a spare set of mediums if you are badly stuck. I am not too far north of the border.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not out to get you....

Posts: 1484 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hi brian thanks for that but mediums wont do i have a set of Ior and there for a 56 mm bell and there to low about 5 mm to low i need a pictainny to picatinny riser

one of us
posted Hide Post
You need a set of extra-high's like the ones used for AR-15's. They are designed to fit a flat rail like the Steyr Tactical Elite. Badger Ordinance makes some excellent ones as do several others. I'm not sure which ones you'll have access to in Ireland but if you look for AR-15 mounts you'll be on the right track.............................DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Claret_Dabbler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by djpaintles:
...I'm not sure which ones you'll have access to in Ireland but if you look for AR-15 mounts you'll be on the right track...DJ

DJ, this is priceless. It is only a few years since looking for AR mounts here in Ireland (north or south) would have got a guy 10 years in the pokey. Big Grin

The world has changed.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not out to get you....

Posts: 1484 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hi dj i have ordered a set of ultra high mounts from warne today and the will give me 4 mm to spare ad should be perfect thanks again

one of us
posted Hide Post
Claret, I regret that I've never been fortunate enough to travel to Ireland. Perhaps someday I'll be able.
Your post makes me curious, I'm completely ignorant of what it might be like to own firearms in Ireland. What's it like?
I know places in Germany I could probably have bought them off the shelf, but I don't know that much about the rest of Europe and England..........................DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote