Find
Notify
Tools

Zeiss Terra
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted
I have one in 4-12x42 with the RZ8 reticle. Does anyone have experience with this scope? I got it used and wonder if the cross marks do anything other than knowing your hold over.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3458 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Like any 2nd FP scope, when you calibrate the drop and figure out your settings, it's good at that magnification only. But they can still be a useful tool. The system Zeiss implements is simple and easy to use. A friend of mine has the HD5 and uses that same reticle out west for mulies, whitetail and antelope. His 'lope this past year was taken at something like 580 yards, and he was able to place the bullet exactly where he wanted. It takes some getting used to, but the system is a good one for those who shoot at extended ranges.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9407 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks. It seems clear and good for the price. It’s on my .300 H&H pre 64. I’m not much of a long range guy, as my longest kill was about 450 with a camp gun. I just know hold over and somehow I got it right with a 7mag I didn’t know anything about. Well, I did miss at 400.

I’m excited to see what this does for me.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3458 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
I have looked at a couple of large Terras but only recall that they had some of the worst tunnel vision I've come across.

Posts: 5106 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote