New
Find
Notify
Tools

Smith & Wesson scope
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Could anybody tell me what quality the Smith & wesson scopes are? Does anybody know, who manufactures them?

JTK.

Posts: 46 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have only had experience with ONE of them.....and a friend had one gotten on a trade and a 270 made it rattle with loose parts after less than a box of shells.....I "heard" two sources were used at different times for the S/W brand optics.....but that was just "shop talk" and I don't know a offical answer....I wouldn't put much in one of the rifle scopes....hth..good luck and good shooting!!

bigdaddytacp

Posts: 687 | Location: Jackson/Tenn/Madison | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have three of the 3x9 S&W scopes. All three are mounted on 50 caliber inline frontstuffers. Mine were made in Japan by Haako. Optically, they are about equal to the old vari X II and I paid less than $100 @. On the negative side, they are very heavy and the adustments are difficult to use.

Posts: 336 | Location: Central PA | Registered: 01 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
I've bought a couple of the 6x24 (?), and sent them both back to the factory for replacement (AO problems). Sent a 3x9 back because it couldn't be focused at 9x.

Still have the 3x9 on a 223. Good glass, but I would suspect the construction. Seemed like a slap-dash construction job to me. FWIW, Dutch.

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly dog.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote