New
Find
Notify
Tools

Burris FFII 1.75-5??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello, I may buy the above mentioned scope. They seem to be the least common of the line. The competition is the 4x33 leupold, or possibly the burris 4x mini. I am hoping the burris 1.75-5 will resemble my farorite leupold vxIII 1.5-5. I cant afford another one. So has anyone used one of these? opinions? Is it worth the $160 or so?
Thanks
ian

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a Sig Select 1.75-5 on my CZ 9.3 and I think it's a great scope....but I think it's one step above the FF line. That being said, I have a FFII 3x9 on another rifle and it's also a great scope for the $$ spent.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just got a FFII 3x9x40 ballistic plex illuminated, there are two things that really bug me:

1) Made in Asia
2) Batteries go dead when not in use.

Sorry I bought it.

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It seems the burris FFII 1.75-5 is currently only available in camo finish. I need a black scope.
Anyhow, Its possible I could spend enough to get a vxII 1-4. Anything else I should consider for $300? Its got to be small.
thanks
Ian

posted Hide Post
Leupold also makes a VX-1 1-4x20 for about $180 or so last I checked. Might want to look into that.

Posts: 4 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Might also want to check the Pentax Sports Optics as they have an entire line of scopes for $150 or less including a 1.75x5 and one that really caught my eye was a 1.5x6x40mm with a 56' field of view on 1.5. I think Burris may put the together using Pentax glass. Their is someone on AR who sells them and stated they are the most quality for the momey.

Posts: 595 | Location: camdenton mo | Registered: 16 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have the 1.75x5 Burris on my 416. It is a real good scope.

Posts: 2209 | Location: Delaware | Registered: 20 December 2002Reply With Quote