Find
Notify
Tools

Ultravid deals
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted
A heads up for those travelling. I went through Amsterdam airport this morning and found a shop getting rid of its Leica Ultravid 8X42 HD and Ultravid 10X42 HD binoculars. I bought the last 8X42's for 498 Euros. There are still a couple of 10X42's for the same price. It is the CAPI SHOP LOUNGE 2 which is selling them, getting ready for the next new and improved model I suppose.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Great price for a great Bino.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Would those be considered 'gray market' and not have a USA warranty?

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
At that price, who cares. Damn, wish I had a ticket to Amsterdam sitting around.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I was a working man, I went through Amsterdam regularly on my way to Cairo.
Neat bird watching in the airport there... clap

Don

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by onefunzr2:
Would those be considered 'gray market' and not have a USA warranty?

It's got the Leica 30 year warranty and a two year warranty from the vendor, if that makes any sense. Any stories floating around about Leica binoculars falling apart?

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DMB:
Neat bird watching in the airport there... clap
Don

That must be why they are selling binocs, then... hilbily

That is a bomb of a deal Wink!

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mho:

That is a bomb of a deal Wink!

- mike

I thought the posted price was a mistake of course since they are on the same shelf as the 8X32's selling for a heck of alot more. I didn't really have a lot of time as I was in transit, and late for the next flight, but when the vendor confirmed the price I made a battlefield decision, which I don't think I will ever regret, no matter how good the next version of these binoculars turns out to be.