Find
Notify
Tools

20 moa bases?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of prof242
posted
Does anyone know of a source for 20 moa bases for under $75? Need one for Rem 700 and Savage Striker actions. College profs don't make as much as most people think! Roll Eyes

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you have an FFL Brownells and Midway have some where the dealer cost is right around $75.00.

Posts: 466 | Location: South West USA | Registered: 11 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Put a shim under the rear base or the rear of the one piece base.

[20moa = 20" @100y] [6"between mounts]/100 yards =.033" thick shim

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info, guys. I'd thought about shimming, but wanted, first, to see if there was an affordable base. Guess shimming is what I'll do, since this is only for two of my varmint rifles.

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prof242:
Thanks for the info, guys. I'd thought about shimming, but wanted, first, to see if there was an affordable base. Guess shimming is what I'll do, since this is only for two of my varmint rifles.

Just a question, what made you decide you needed a 20 MOA base or that you needed to shim your base? Is your scope running out of elevation adjustment?

Posts: 466 | Location: South West USA | Registered: 11 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dogcatcher223
posted Hide Post
Prof, a cheaper option is the Burris Signature rings with the offset bushings. Might want to check them out.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcatcher223:
Prof, a cheaper option is the Burris Signature rings with the offset bushings. Might want to check them out.

A MUCH more sane suggestion than is shimming a scope base! thumb

One of Us
posted Hide Post
leupold makes a 1pc LRbase with 15moa not 20moa incline but should be an economical solution for you.

Posts: 877 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dogcatcher223
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ken Farrell makes them and they are as good or better than anybodies. Check out his light weight aluminum tactical rings to go with the bases they are the bomb. Farrell industries is the company.

Posts: 146 | Location: WI | Registered: 18 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Thanks again for the suggestions. Will check out the Burris rings and also the Leupold base. The reason needed is that I want to keep the crosshairs as close to the middle of the scope as possible for long range shooting. Made the Varmint Hunters 500yd club and am now going for the 1000yd club.
It surprises me at times (although it shouldn't) that any serious question always gets decent replies... and some ideas I hadn't thought about before come out.

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member