THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is an older Redfield Tracker 3-9x worth?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted
It performs fine, but I'm looking for a scope with a smaller objective so I can use my 45-70 open sights and a scope with quick release bases.

A 1-4x or 1.5-5x would probably be optimal, and being in stainless wouldn't hurt either...anyone want to trade? I've been thinking of trying the Burris Ballistic Plex with the 45-70 too, maybe a Fullfield II would be a fair trade?

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Redfield 3-9x Tracker and think that it is a pretty clear scope, for an economy model. I don't think that I'd give over $70+/-, but that's just me.

NSS currently has Simmons Whitetail 3.5-10x scopes on sale for $60+/-. These scopes were (are?) made in the Philippines and are a good scope for the $$. I wouldn't put 1 on a 1st tier hunting rifle, but for 2nd tier hunting rifles and rimfire rifles, they are hard to beat at that price.

Jeff

Posts: 993 | Location: Omaha, NE, USA | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think you'd be lucky to get $50 for it. But you might try ebay and see.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
I don't think I'll sell it, it works well and is pretty clear.

Guess I'll just pick up a used FFII for a good price.

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I sold some old Redfields on the AR classifieds and the market seemed ready to pay 50 bucks each for them. At gun shows guys ask for $100, but I think they are smokin' corn silk.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote