New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dot Reticle
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
How do you guys like the dot reticles? Now 1/4 moa dot will be pretty large @ 500-600 yds. I am looking for a prairie dog type reticle. Thanks

Windage and elevation, Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation...

Posts: 944 | Location: michigan | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jghoghunter
posted Hide Post
A .25 dot will be 1.25 @ 500yds. I have a .25 in one of my scopes for pd hunting and I love it. It works great and the size doen't seem to be a problem.

Posts: 30 | Location: exact center of pa | Registered: 15 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
try 2 get a 1/8 dot thats what Silhouette shooters use, regards

Posts: 999 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks I will look into the 1/8" dot. It makes more sense

Windage and elevation, Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation...

Posts: 944 | Location: michigan | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
love them dots. couple things to think about. 1st i've got a couple of small dots. the crosswires are always thinner than the dot and they do disappear in poor light. The other thing about shooting a dot is you can hold it at 6 oclock like you would iron sights like nugman says. for me at least the dot draws my eye to the sight picture.

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
Lee Reticles can install a Dot, or several on a lot of different brands of scopes, as long as they are not some of the real junk Asian scopes like the BSA sort of stuff...

they give you a lot of options sizes also for different applications..

they are not associated with Lee Reloading...

google up T K Lee

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote